This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

 Main Reception/Appointments: 01630 652158
Business / Health Professionals: 01630 658208
Prescriptions: 01630 655815 (recorded)
Fax: 01630 652322
Primary Care Centre 
NHS Logo
Choose font size: A A A

Complaints & Views

We are always looking at ways to improve our services and ensure that you have the best possible experience with Drayton Medical Practice. You can help us to get it right by telling us what you think of the services delivered by us.

This page tells you what to do if you wish to compliment, comment or complain about Drayton Medical Practice.

We will do all that we can to help and assist you through the process.

 Compliments and Comments  

We want to hear from you if you are particularly pleased with the service you have received from an individual or team within the Surgery and wish to pass on your thanks or praise.

If you can tell us what we do well, or suggest improvements, we can give others a better service too. We will ensure that compliments reach the individuals concerned and that their manager is made aware of them. If it is appropriate, we will also share your comments with other colleagues.

We also want to hear from you with any comments you have about any of our services or suggestions for ways we can improve. When you make a comment it will be sent to the Practice Manager for action or learning.

To this end we have provided a 'suggestions' box in main reception, with forms. Completed forms should be posted into the box. Both are located on the wall by the notice boards opposite the reception desks (by the board containing staff photos).

There will soon be an online form for you to use on this site to make any comments, suggestions or general complaints. Any specific or serious complaints should still be made via the procedure detailed below.

 Complaints Top 

We always try to give a good service but sometimes things go wrong.

You can help us make changes by telling us about what is wrong and how you would like us to put it right.

You may want to complain about:

  • A service
  • Any action, attitude or behaviour of a member of staff which has affected you or someone close to you

Please get in touch with the Practice Manager if you need help or support in using our procedure, or if you need the information in another format.

 How to complain Top 

You should discuss any comments or concerns with the person providing the service, for example a Nurse or a Doctor, or ask to speak to the Practice Manager. If you are unhappy with the outcome, or would prefer to speak to somebody separate from the surgery, you could consider contacting the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at Shropshire County Primary Care Trust.

PALS aims to:

  • Help sort out problems informally and quickly on your behalf
  • Provide advice or refer patients, families and carers to other agencies where appropriate
  • Advise on the formal complaints procedure if necessary Feedback to the PCT on common themes and concerns and bring about improvements and change

Ideally formal complaints about the surgery should be made directly to the surgery, in writing, by telephone or by email.

You can, however, choose to complain to the Primary Care Trust if you do not wish to deal with the surgery directly. Contact details are included below.

 What happens once you have made a complaint? Top 

There are two stages for dealing with complaints.

Stage One: Local Resolution

  • When you make a complaint you will receive an acknowledgement letter within three working days from the Practice Manager. 

  • If a formal investigation is needed it will be carried out by the Practice Manager. This will include a report on the process of the investigation and findings, including details of any action taken or recommended to prevent a recurrence of the problem. A copy of the report will be sent to you with a letter from the Practice Manager.

  • If more time is needed to complete the investigation we will contact you to let you know why this is needed and will discuss new deadlines.

  • If you have any questions about the response to your complaint, you can contact either the Practice Manager or Complaints Partner.
Stage Two: Ombudsman
  • If you are not satisfied with the findings of the local investigation you may wish to contact the Health Service Ombudsman. The Health Service Ombudsman is completely independent of both the NHS and of the Government. They can investigate complaints about NHS services and complaints about how the complaints procedure is working.

  • The Ombudsman does not have to investigate every complaint put to them and they will not usually take on a case which has not first been through the NHS complaints procedure.
 Useful Contacts Top 

Drayton Medical Practice 
Michele Matthee (Practice Manager)
Drayton Medical Practice
Maer Lane
Market Drayton
Shropshire TF9 3AL
01630 652158

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS Coordinator
Oak Lodge
William Farr House
Mytton Oak Road
Shrewsbury SY3 8XL
Freephone 0800 0321107
Email: Soma.Moulik@shropshirepct.nhs.uk

Shropshire CCG and Community Trust
Complaints Manager
Oak Lodge
William Farr House
Mytton Oak Road
Shrewsbury SY3 8XL
Tel. 01743 497093
Email: Bharti.Patel-Smith@shropshirepct.nhs.uk

Health Service Ombudsman
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
Tel. 0345 015 4033
Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk

ICAS Shropshire & Staffordshire
Unit 25 & 32, Stafford Business Village
Dyson Way
Staffordshire Technology Park
Stafford ST18 0TW
Tel. 0845 337 3054

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust Top 
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Rd
Shrewsbury SY3 8XQ
Tel. 01743 261000
Email: info@sath.nhs.uk


Princess Royal Hospital
Apley Castle
Telford TF1 6TF
Tel. 01952 641222
Email: info@sath.nhs.uk


Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust
Complaints Manager
Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital NHS Trust
Oswestry SY10 7AG
Tel: 01691 404127
Email: complaints@rjah.nhs.uk

Shropshire Council (for social care)
Complaints Manager for Social Care Services
Community Services
Sitka Drive
Shrewsbury SY2 6LG
Tel. 01743 253991
Email: ConsumerServices.socialservices@shropshire-cc.gov.uk


Total visitors:552254 | Disclaimer