We aim to make the Building and its facilities as accessible as possible to our patients:
- From outside the main gates and within the front patient carpark there are lowered pavement areas for wheelchair access.
- There are several marked parking bays for disabled access and blue badge holders located as close to the main entrance as possible.
- The entrances have wide, automatic sliding door access.
- There is a lift to the First floor, to your left through second set of sliding main entrance doors.
Access to all rooms is wide enough for wheelchairs and prams.
There are disabled toilets on both floors:
On the ground floor
- Through the main entrance, to the left of the community waiting area
- Beyond the children’s play area, along the corridor from the child friendly room
On the first floor
- From the lift, on your left before the Dental department
- From the lift, along the balcony overlooking reception and they are located past the midwife waiting area on your left.
Visual and Hearing Impaired
There is a hearing loop in all the main waiting areas and a portable loop is available, should it be required, for use in any room.
Please ask at reception if you require this facility.
The Doctor’s are encouraged to call patients using the digital display boards, however they are informed of visually impaired patients and will use the intercom system to call them when necessary.
Please don’t hesitate to ask a member of staff if you do require any assistance in accessing our services or any other matter.