We employ a team of part-time nurse specialists and part-time nursing sisters. With two being available at all surgery times. They are a multi-skilled team offering a host of services to our patients as detailed below.
To help cover annual leave and illness; We are supported by a bank nurse team with very extensive and varied skills.
Apart from Minor Illness and Minor Injuries, all nurse and HCA appointments are booked in advance, please call reception on 01630 652158 to book an appointment. Please be prepared to give a little information about the reason for your appointment so it can be made with the most appropriate member of our team.
Many of our clinics are run by our nursing team; with GP support when needed, to help in the monitoring of various Chronic Diseases and to offer specialist health advice.
The nursing team are supported by Health Care Assistants and Phlebotomists, who assist in various other health care duties such as taking blood samples, BP monitoring, ECGs, carrying out New Patient and NHS Health Checks and chaperoning a GP during a Minor Operation.
More details on the nursing team can be found in our Meet the Staff section.
|Nurse Lead Services|
Although not an exhaustive list, Nurse Lead Services include:
- Asthma/COPD (Respiratory) Management
- Bladder Scans
- BP Monitoring (routine and 24hr)
- Cervical Smears
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Coil Checks/Removals
- Contraception (advice & pill checks)
- Cryotherapy (Wart & Verrucae Removal)
- Dressings (Wound Care)
- Ear Irrigation
- Emergency Contraception (MAP)
- HRT Management
- Minor Ops
- Minor illness clinics
- Minor Injuries
- Nail Clippings (for lab testing)
- Phlebotomy (Blood sample taking)
- Ring Pessaries
- Spirometry (Breathing test)
- Suturing (Stitches – removal and administering)
- Theraputic Injections (Vit B12 & Zoladex)
- Travel and Adult Immunisations
- Well Woman/Man checks