Drayton Medical Practice is a non-limited partnership of ten GPs (2 full-time and 9 part-time).
From April 2015 all patient’s are allocated a ‘named/accountable’ GP. If you wish to know your GP, please ask at reception. This does not affect your right or ability to seek treatment from any of our Doctors. The table below shows when our GPs normally run a surgery. However due to holidays, Emergency GP duty and other commitments GPs may not always be available according to this basic rota.
|* Female GP||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|Dr R. Richards||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm||–|
|Dr G. Coleman||–||am/pm||am/pm||–||–|
|Dr M. Matthee||am/pm||am||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm|
|Dr J. Malcolm||am/pm||–||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm|
|Dr C. Sullivan*||am/pm||–||am||am/pm||–|
|Dr J. Sokolov*||am/pm||am/pm||–||–||–|
|Dr T. Ganesh||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm||am||am/pm|
|Dr G. Cooper||am/pm||am/pm||–||am/pm||am/pm|
|Dr A. Houlder*||am/pm||–||–||–||am/pm|
|Dr A. Awad*||–||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm||–|
|Dr P. George*||–||am/pm||am/pm||–||am/pm|
|Dr J. Awad*||–||–||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm|
Please see our ‘Meet the Staff‘ Pages for Information on our GPs and more information on their qualifications and areas of interest.
|GP Lead Services|
Our GPs provide a wide range of family health services, including:
- Advice on health problems.
- Examinations and treatment.
- Chronic Disease Management including CHD, CVD, Asthma, COPD, Epilepsy, Thyroid Disorders, Mental Health, Chronic Kidney & Liver Disease, Diabetes and other conditions that require regular monitoring.
- Prescriptions for medicines as well as their monitoring and review.
- Referrals to other health services, specialists and social service.
- Issuing Medical Certificates.
- Emergency Appointments – for the assessment of emergency/same day appointments.
- Home Visits -When required for the care of the housebound or patients who are too ill to attend the surgery.
- Attending to the monitoring and care of residents of several care homes in our area.
- Overseeing the care and care plans of patients identified as at risk of hospital admission.
- Many of our GPs have special interests, our receptionists will be able to direct you to the most appropriate GP for your care or needs.
|Family Planning & Contraception|
Each of our doctors offers full contraceptive and family planning advice in the surgery. Please see Here for information if you are thinking of starting a family. Advice about and fitting of IUDs (Coils) and implants for the purpose of contraception are also available. Dr Ganesh & Dr Sullivan run clinics for the fitting or removal of these.
Our doctors provide complete antenatal and postnatal medical services sharing these services with the Midwives. The Midwives also organise parent-craft sessions. Please consult us early in pregnancy and even earlier if planning a pregnancy.
By arrangement with your doctor, surgery for minor conditions under local anaesthetic are performed. These may include mole and skin tag removal or the injection of theraputic substances for treating a variety of conditions.
|Medical Examinations, Certificates etc.|
Doctors who carry out private medical examinations for patients for Employment purposes, H.G.V. Licence, P.S.V. Licence or for insurance companies, will be expected to be paid the current BMA rate at reception before carrying out the exam.
A signed acceptance of payment from the Employer/Insurance Company will also be acceptable. Patients will be charged the standard BMA rate for signing passports, medical certificates, Holiday cancellation forms, fitness for travel, etc.